Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cast Day...

Well, we made through getting the first cast on.  Hot pink!  She hadn't taken a morning nap, so was perfectly content to lay on her stomach on the table.  (And the ipod player helped too!)  The whole process took about 30 minutes.  Once it was dry, we sat her up and put her little boot on...which, I might add, takes A LOT away from her cute little pink cast.  She took a few steps and then looked at us whining as if to say, "Wait.  You mean this thing is staying ON?!?" 

She was getting hungry, so we went to Chick-fil-A...sure to bring a smile to her face!  No smiles, just a hearty appetite, until we were leaving and then the smiles were coming freely.  Rick strapped her into her carseat and I do believe she was asleep before I made it out of the parking lot.

After her brief nap on the way home, she is now watching a DVD and seems her usual happy self!  AND she's even walked on it a little.  We will have to stay right there with her when she is standing/walking though.  It's not the easiest thing to maneuver around with.

The real test will come tonight when she'll give us a look that will say, "Umm...aren't you taking this thing off???"  At which time we'll smile and explain to her why it's on there...again...and pray that she understands.  I know this is just the first few hours of what will be a long 6-8 weeks, but I'll have to say, I feel a WHOLE lot better than I did this morning.  

To those of you who have been lifting her (and me) up in prayer, I cannot thank you enough.  God has heard and has poured out his love and comfort all over and around us. 
Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment